No vacation in Gatlinburg, Tennessee is complete without a white water rafting adventure! While there are lots of different rafting companies in the area, Smoky Mountain Outdoors is head and shoulders above the rest. Here are five reasons we offer the best white water rafting in Gatlinburg TN:
1. The Pigeon River is The Third Most Popular Rafting Destination in America
All of our white water rafting trips take place on the beautiful Pigeon River. Located 40 minutes outside of Gatlinburg, the Pigeon River is the third most rafted river in the entire country! With primarily Class 1 – 2 rapids on the Lower portion of the river and mostly Class 3 – 4 rapids on the Upper portion of the river, the Pigeon is ideal for both families and thrill seekers.
2. We are the Largest Rafting Company on the River
We are proud to be the largest rafting company on the Pigeon River. Each year, about 65,000 people take trips with us! As the biggest rafting provider in the area, we offer a variety of trip times and can accommodate groups of any size. Smoky Mountain Outdoors has been offering rafting adventures since 1993, and we have no interest in slowing down!
When we say that we offer the best white water rafting in Gatlinburg TN, we’re not just bragging; folks on TripAdvisor agree with us! Smoky Mountain Outdoors is the top ranked rafting provider on the Pigeon River, with over 3,000 five star reviews and an official Certificate of Excellence. To see what former guests are saying about their time with us, check out the official Smoky Mountain Outdoors TripAdvisor page.
4. Our Guides are Amazing
If you read our TripAdvisor reviews, you will see that people absolutely love our guides! Everyone who works with us is rigorously trained, professional, and super friendly. Here are a few examples of what our guests had to say about our guides:
- “Big Steve was totally awesome, funny and calmed my fears. He ended up being part of the attraction with his jokes and giving insight on the area.”
- “Our tour guide was Iris and she was better than we could have asked for. She knew everything about the river, town, and of course rafting. Kept us all safe, feeling confident, and laughing.”
- “Stanley was so fun and entertaining. We had 2 nervous youngsters and his laid back demeanor had them squealing through the rapids on the second time. WE LOVE STANLEY!!”
5. We Have a Campground Next Door
If you’re looking for convenient lodging near Smoky Mountain Outdoors, we’ve got you covered! Pigeon River Campground is located literally steps away from our homebase. Offering tent campsites, camping cabins, and RV campsites, Pigeon River Campground is ideal for anyone who wants to enjoy a few days immersed in the natural beauty of the Smokies.
Want more evidence that Smoky Mountain Outdoors has the best white water rafting in Gatlinburg TN? Watch our Gatlinburg Rafting Videos to see what an actual white water adventure with us looks like!