Five Twists on a Classic Campfire Treat
Rafting and hiking in the Smokies with the family is a special way to make memories that will last long after you have returned home. What better way to end the day than with this classic family treat: s’mores? These five twists will be sure to satisfy after an exciting day exploring the Smokies.
1. The Standard: A classic for those traditionalists in the family.
- Roast one large marshmallow over an open flame until it begins to brown and melt.
- Place marshmallow on one half of a graham cracker
- Top with a 1.5 ounce milk chocolate candy bar
- Place the remaining half of the graham cracker on top
2. The Chocolate Lover: For those who just can’t get enough chocolate.
Substitute the standard graham cracker for a chocolate graham cracker
Substitute the large marshmallow for a chocolate one
Substitute the milk chocolate candy bar for a dark chocolate candy bar
3. The Blondie: For the family member who likes a lighter treat.
Substitute the standard graham cracker for a honey graham cracker
Substitute the milk chocolate candy bar for a white chocolate candy bar
4. The Elvis: For those who like a little peanut butter with their chocolate.
Before assembling the standard s’more, spread peanut butter on one half of the graham cracker
Top the peanut butter with several slices of fresh banana
5. The Fresh and Fruity:
Follow the first three steps of the standard s’more, but use a cinnamon graham cracker
Before assembling the s’more, spread cream cheese on one half of the graham cracker
Top the cream cheese with the sliced fresh fruit of your choice. Strawberries work nicely.